17 Jul 2012

Proposed Brazilian States [REVIEW]

Now I'll return with the REVIEW section of this blog, that was a little absent. In this section, I make a review of a flag proposal by somebody else. Today I'll comment the main flags of Brazilian proposed states.
















Tapajós: I'll start with the flag that, for me, is the most beautiful. It's used by Tapajós, a proposed states comprising the Pará west, considered "forgotten" by state authorities. This flag was very used in a campaign before a state secession referendum last year (2011), but people voted against the separation.

The explanation of the flag: the yellow stripe is for Amazon River richness, compared with gold, the blue is for Tapajós River, that names the proposed state, and green for the forest.



















Carajás: The same referendum that voted Tapajós secession also voted Carajás secession, also failed. Carajás is a proposed states in southeast Pará, in an area comprising some of bigger open-air iron mines, but with small federal and state investment. The flag remember the sunshine, but I don't like it. I don't know what I dislike more: if the small circle or the fimbriation in black.



















Gurgueia (old ortography = Gurguéia): It's a proposed state in south Piauí, one of poorest regions in country. The proposal is in voting process in Brazilian Parlament. I don't like too much the flag, because it's very polluted. Maybe without the writing and with a bigger central stripe and symbol it would look better.
















Triângulo: It's used by a proposal of new state comprising Minas Gerais region of Triângulo Mineiro ("Minas Triangle", named because its shape), with a supposedly different identity: the region was part of São Paulo and Goiás in the past, and is economically very related with them. It was, probably, one of two most "viable" proposed states. I like the flag, specially the triangle, that names the state.

There's more or less twenty federal law projects related with proposed states, but many of them hasn't a known flag. I'll travel next week, and the time to the blog was low, but I tried to write a fast and interesting post.

I'd like your feedback on comments area. It's important to help the blog get better.
We passed the 1,000 views (I'm late, actually we passed the 1,100 views, too), VERY THANKS, but you can vote on commemorative post yet. It's fun and fast, I recommend you to click on link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly welcome!