17 Jun 2012

New South Wales (Australia)

New South Wales has a typical Australian state flag: a British blue ensign with the state badge. The badge is also nothing special: a St. George's cross with a golden lion passant, and a Southern Cross in eight-pointed stars.













My first alteration was to drop the British blue ensign, turning the badge more visible. After that, I removed the lion at center of flag: isn't St. George's cross sufficient, or does it need more "englishness"? It looked this way:













It still looks very like St. George's cross, doesn't it? I changed the background to blue, to become more distinguishable and reference an old New South Welsh flag. So the final design looks like this:













It looks pretty good for me. Not than I dislike other proposals to NSW, but I think this one is more realistic about state necessities. And what's your opinion?

This post was planned to be published very earlier, but I was occupied with my Brazilian states series.
Every comment is welcome and fairly received. Give the yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly welcome!